Over our 120+-year history, Clarkson has honed an ecosystem that lets you design your rigorous academics, research and social life to intentionally collide with your own personal passions to create a powerful learning experience. If you like to roll-up your sleeves to solve open-ended problems, we will get you ready to lead and impact a tech-driven world at the intersections of science, technology, engineering, arts and business. Defy convention by going beyond the status quo of deep disciplinary knowledge. Everyone has opportunities and hands-on access to build the mindset and practical skillsets to stretch boundaries. Clarkson graduates emerge with the entrepreneurial competence to make sense of complex systems and forge connections across people and fields. One in five alumni already leads as a CEO, senior executive or owner of a company.
As teacher-scholars at a nationally-recognized research university, Clarkson’s globally oriented faculty pursue interdisciplinary research focused on rapidly solving real world problems for a better future. Example signature areas of research include data analytics, STEM and entrepreneurial education, healthy world solutions, and the next generation of advanced materials. Our external network engages 380+ active partners in industry, government agencies, chambers of commerce and research organizations affording students access to world relevant problems to pursue with their professors as well as a direct pipeline to internships and careers after graduation.
Our 4,300 students enroll in one of five New York locations or online and choose among 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in engineering, business, sciences, humanities and arts, education, and health professions that lead to bachelor’s, master’s, certificate and/or doctoral degrees. In addition to an engaged 42,000+ strong alumni community living in 87 countries, our global reach extends through the networks of our schools, ROTC command, research centers and institutes across the Clarkson corridor that connects Potsdam, Saranac Lake, Schenectady, Beacon and New York City as well as more than 40 international university exchange partners.
Formally adopted in 1995, the Vision of a Clarkson Education is the foundation that differentiates Clarkson graduates around the globe — first as students, then as young professionals in high demand in a highly competitive marketplace, and ultimately as CEOs, company owners and leaders with proven career and life success with remarkable mobility. (as cited by Brookings in naming top 10 universities nationwide for ROI).
The Clarkson University educational experience is designed to provide talented and ambitious students with the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve positions of leadership within their chosen profession. The combination of Clarkson’s strong technologically rich curricula and state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities, coupled with an unparalleled commitment to a friendly learning environment and to students’ personal development, uniquely prepares Clarkson graduates to excel in their chosen professions and to lead rewarding and creative lives.
In addition to attaining mastery of the core knowledge within the field, a Clarkson education is designed to enable students to:
- solve real-world, open-ended problems with creativity and risk taking to obtain solutions that are practical and sustainable, including those they encounter in state-of-the-art research under the direction of distinguished faculty;
- develop and refine exceptional communication skills with an awareness of potential cultural differences;
- lead effectively and work productively within disciplinary and multidisciplinary teams composed of members with diverse interests and backgrounds;
- excel in using computing and information technologies;
- learn through instruction and guidance by nationally recognized faculty whose commitment to both teaching and research has made Clarkson a nationally ranked university.
A Clarkson student’s education is greatly enhanced by a personal and friendly learning environment, within a small, residential, nationally recognized University, which:
- places students at the center of the educational process and where all employees have a commitment to creating an environment that contributes positively to students’ overall educational experience;
- draws undergraduates, graduate students, faculty and staff together into a cohesive and stimulating learning community, wherein an atmosphere of scholarship and spirit of research is cultivated;
- uses our campus as a living laboratory to improve learning, and uses the wider region to broaden and extend Clarkson’s outreach and service;
- provides personal advising and interaction with faculty and staff as well as supportive relationships among students;
- offers many leadership opportunities through co-curricular groups and activities;
- respects and learns from its community of diverse people, backgrounds and cultures.
Programs We Offer
- Arts & Sciences
- Health Professions
- Doctoral Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physicians Assistant
|Undergraduate 3%, Graduate 40%||International Student Enrollment|
|Top 5||1. China 2. Canada 3. Iran 4. India 5. Sri Lanka|
English as a Second Language Program and Services
Does your institution have an Intensive English Program?
International Student Housing Options
Student housing is that same for all students. Standard dorm style for freshman, Opportunity for suite style dorms as a sophomore and townhouse style apartments on campus for upper classmen. community.
Housing is guaranteed for all 4 years along with free parking! Our Residence Halls are walking distance to all of our academic buildings and the Student Center. With almost 100% of our students living on campus all four years, Clarkson really is like its own little living/learning community.
Come check us out!
- Griffith University, Gold Coast
- Monash University, Melbourne
- University of Newcastle, Newcastle
- University of Technology Sydney, Sydney
- Upper Austria University of Applied Sciences, Steyr
- Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Lyngby
- Bader International Study Center, East Sussex
- Northumbria University, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
- University of Bradford, Bradford
- University of Brighton, Brighton
- University of Leicester, Leicester
- Bordeaux Ecole De Management, Talence (BORDEAUX)
- EM Strasbourg Business School, Strasbourg, France
- Grenoble Ecole de Management, Grenoble
- Reims Management School, Reims
- Université Catholique de Lyon ESDES, Lyon
- Université de Technologie de Troyes, Troyes (Champagne Region)
- Konstanz University of Applied Sciences, Konstanz
- Universitat Potsdam, Potsdam (Fluent German Required)
- City University, Kowloon
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Waterford Institute of Technology, Waterford
- Kyushu Institute of Technology (KIT), Iizuka Campus, Fukuoka
- Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul
- University of Monterrey, Monterrey (Fluent Spanish Required, some courses available in English)
- Auckland University of Technology, Auckland
- Massey University, Palmerston North, Albany, Wellington
- Strathclyde Business School, Glasgow
- National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Barcelona (Fluent Spanish/Catalon Required)
- Jönköping University, Jönköping
- Luleå University of Technology, Luleå
- University of Glamorgan, Pontypridd
For more information, click here.
First Year, Transfer, and Graduate Students
For admissions information, click here.
Student Activities and Campus Life
Student life at CU is filled with a vast assortment of intriguing clubs, organizations, and activities. We currently boast over 140 clubs; check them all out here!