Study New York, Inc. (“Study New York” or “We”) has created this online privacy statement in order to disclose our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website (the “Site”). By visiting or accessing the Site, you agree to the collection, use, retention, protection and disclosure policies set forth herein. In addition, your use of the Site shall be subject to and governed by the Terms and Conditions, which is incorporated by reference herein. If you do not agree to this Policy, you may not use the Site.
What is Personal Information?Personal Information is information that specifically identifies you, or may identify you in combination with other Personal Information, including your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, birthday, IP address, cookies and certain other information.
- How is Personal Information Collected? You voluntarily disclose Personal Information to Study New York by accessing and using the Site.
- How Do We Use Personal Information? Personal
Information will be collected and used for business purposes and to
facilitate and service your needs, including, but not limited to, Site
functionality, enhancing and customizing the Site and your user
experience, enhancing or maintaining Site security, and as necessary (as
determined by Study New York in its sole discretion) to comply with the
law or assist in any legal investigation. Personal Information is
collected in the aggregate, but we may tie it to you through cookie use
as described below.
- Use of IP Address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. Your IP address identifies you, and allows us to gather broad demographic information on site visitors.
- Storage, Access and Erasure of Personal Information. Personal Information you provide to Study New York is collected, stored, maintained and managed by one or more third party agent (“Data Processor”). Personal Information stored by the Data Processor is accessible to Study New York upon our request In addition, if you are a European resident, you have the following rights with respect to the Personal Information collected from and about you through the Site:
- The right to request access to such personal information.
- The right to request the correction, erasure, and/or restriction of processing of such Personal Information.
- In some instances, the right to object to the processing of such Personal Information.
- In some instances, the right to request that we export, in a structured, commonly used, and machine readable format, and transmit to another controller, such Personal Information.
- The right to withdraw, at any time, any consent to the processing of such Personal Information.
To exercise these rights, please send an email to Email@StudyNewYork.US. To protect your privacy and security, we may also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
- Security of Information. Study New York and/or our Data Processor have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures to ensure the security and privacy of information collected. However, it must be understood that the Internet is not a completely secure medium of communication. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee the privacy of any information you input through our Site. Accordingly, any and all information transmitted through the Site is disclosed at the disclosing party’s own risk. We will not be responsible for any damages you or others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.
- Release. By using the Site, you hereby agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless Study New York and its stockholders, members, directors, officers, agents, representatives and employees, from any and all loss, damage, expense or cost (including attorneys’ fees and disbursements attendant thereto) arising out of or in any way connected with Study New York’s use, maintenance, disposal or disclosure of such information as set forth herein, in any form, or mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files or email, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation or transmission or any failure of performance including any claims you might have under laws protecting intellectual property and personal privacy.
- Assignment. If Study New York sells or transfers all or substantially all of its assets, whether in conjunction with a merger, acquisition, asset purchase, or any other change in management or ownership control of Study New York, Personal Information may be among those assets transferred. We will ensure that the security measures set forth herein remain throughout the transition, and any changes to this Policy upon the consummation of such sale or transfer will be communicated to you.
- Target Audience. The Site does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and no part of the Site is designed to attract children under the age of 13. Anyone under the age of 13 is not permitted to use the Site, or provide Personal Information to Study New York.
- Third Party Website. Our Site may contain or may link to various other sites which collect user’s Personal Information. Study New York is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, even if such sites appear as part of the Study New York Site. This Policy shall not apply to those third party websites. Study New York shall have no responsibility or liability for the user’s interaction with such third party websites.
- Severability. If any term or provision of this Policy shall to any extent be deemed invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remainder of this Policy shall be unaffected thereby, and each term and provision of this Policy shall be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Modification. Study New York reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to update, change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy from time to time without notice. You are encouraged to visit this page periodically to check for updates. No amendment, modification, extension, limitation, waiver or termination of this Policy shall be valid except with the consent of Study New York.
- Disputes. By using the Site, you agree that any disputes arising out of or relating to the Site, content, information collected or shared about you, or made available through the Site, is subject to the applicable provisions in the Terms and Conditions.
- Questions. If you have any questions pertaining to this Policy, please contact Study New York at Email@StudyNewYork.US.