St. Thomas Aquinas College is an independent liberal arts college which provides education at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The College requires each undergraduate to attain a broad foundation in the liberal arts and sciences. The College provides a range of undergraduate majors and graduate programs to assist students to prepare for careers and/or graduate studies through a deeper focus in a major field of study.
St. Thomas Aquinas College creates a welcoming, caring and challenging environment for learning. Intensely student-centered academic activities and vigorous student-life programs are purposefully combined to enhance the educational process and to foster intellectual, moral, social and spiritual growth.
- Total enrollment: 2,700 Undergraduate enrollment: 1500
- Graduate enrollment: 250
- International Student Enrollment: 17
- Male: 46%
- Female: 54%
- Faculty-student ratio: 18 to 1
- Faculty: Full-time 125
- Part-time 75
- Number of countries represented on your campus: 11
- List the top five countries represented on your campus: United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France, Brazil
English as a Second Language Program and Services
Does your institution have an Intensive English Program?
Can your institution issue an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for F-1 Student Status to a student who has been admitted only to the Intensive English Program?
Does your institution provide courses of English as a Second Language to admitted students?
Does your institution conditionally admit students to degree programs if they have not met the English proficiency requirement?
International Student Housing Options
Is on-campus housing available for international students?
Yes. The Office of Residence Life is committed to establishing a positive atmosphere in the student residence life community, which presently consists of the Aquinas Village and McNelis Commons residence life complexes. These complexes consist of suite-style living arrangements. For more information, visit
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Minas Gerais – PUC Minas, Brazil
- HAMK University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Kyung Hee University — Seoul, Republic of Korea
First Year, Transfer, and Graduate Students
In order for students to be considered for admissions, in addition to a completed application, we need the following:
- Official High School Transcript
- Official SAT or ACT Scores
- TOEFL or IELTS Score
- Letters of Recommendation
- Resume of Extracurricular Activities
- Official transcripts from all colleges that the student has attended
- Less than 30 college credits, must submit High School transcript
- TOEFL or IELTS Score
- Official SAT or ACT scores if high school graduation was less than a year ago
Does your institution issue I-20 for F-1 visa status and/or DS-2019 for J-1 visa status?
Cost of Attendance and Financial Assistance for International Students
Tuition and Fees: Full-time $27,630
Housing and Meal Plan: 11,680
Per credit charge: $825 (Undergraduate), $835 (Graduate)
Fees: General and technology fee included in tuition
Is financial aid available for international students?
Unfortunately federal and state aid is unavailable for international students, but they are eligible for institution aid: academic, merit, and athletic scholarships. For more information, visit: http://www.stac.edu/stac_admissions/financial_aid.html.
Student Activities and Campus Life
The Office of Student Activities creates a very welcoming environment for all our students. The following are clubs and organizations that may be of interests to international students:
- Student Government Association
- Club Sports – Bowling, Equestrian Club, Hockey, Men’s Soccer, Spartan Dancers, STAC Cheerleading, and Women’s Soccer
- Greek Letter Associations – Alpha Phi Omega, Greek Letter Council, Omega Phi Beta, Phi Iota Alpha
- Performing Arts – Laetare Players and STAC Singers
- Special Interest Clubs – Art Therapy, Biology Club, Business Club, Campus Activities Board, Chess Club, Commuter Connection, Computer Club, Culture Shock, Gay-Straight Alliance, Hillel, History and Philosophical Society, House Band, Italian Club, Poetry Club, Psychology Club, Recycling Club, Spartan Volunteers
- Student Media Groups – The Thoma – College Yearbook, The Thomist – Student Newspaper, The Voyager – Student Arts & Literary Magazine, and WSTK – College Radio Station