Earn an education that matters. At LaGuardia, our students are blazing new paths in academic research, innovative technology and the arts; landing family-sustaining jobs; and transferring to top four-year institutions—all with a little extra money in their pockets.
What makes our students so extraordinary? We open our doors of learning to meet you where you are in life. With 58% of LaGuardia’s faculty members holding PhDs, more than twice the national average, you’ll receive an unparalleled real-world education.
Our diverse community of faculty, staff and students will help you strengthen your intellect, nourish your imagination and inspire you to push boundaries to places you didn’t know you could reach.
At LaGuardia, we challenge expectations and dare to do more – to push boundaries, close gaps, shatter misperceptions, and inspire big dreams – so that students can write their own futures.
LaGuardia offers more than 60 majors, certificates and programs so students can find the one that’s right for them.
- Located in Queens, New York City’s most ethnically diverse borough, LaGuardia Community College educates students from all over the world with over 150 countries represented and 106 different languages spoken natively.
- Students are supported by Advising Teams, comprised of faculty, staff and peers, that help you map out the best route to graduation, a four-year college or a career.
- Our Center for Career & Professional Development and Office of Transfer Services are available to help students research and plan for their best career and education paths after LaGuardia.
- Recent graduates have transferred to some of the country’s most selective institutions, including Brown, Columbia, NYU, Johns Hopkins, Sarah Lawrence, Cornell, Pepperdine, Georgetown and Vassar.
- LaGuardia offers a variety of free tutoring so students can get help or accelerate their learning.
- The enhanced semester structure, along with day, evening and weekend classes, allow students to complete their associate degree in two years, saving time and money.
Lifelong Learning (Noncredit)
Get the right skills, credentials and support to take your education, career or business to the next level. From NYC’s largest English Language Learning program to high-quality training with affordable, flexible courses, LaGuardia is the place to go and grow. For more information, contact Continuing Education.
Programs We Offer
|More than 60 Undergraduate Associate’s Degrees including:|
|Phone App Development|
- Undergraduate enrollment: 19,446
- International Student Enrollment: 1,353
- Male 42%, Female 58%
- Faculty to student ratio: 1 to 23
- Faculty with PhDs: 57%
- Faculty: Full-Time 395, Part-Time 723
- Number of countries represented on campus: 150
- Top five countries represented on campus: United States, China, Dominican Republic, Bangladesh, Ecuador
- Number of Native Languages: 96
English as a Second Language Program and Services
Prepare for college, graduate school or a better job by learning English at LaGuardia. The English Language Center (TELC) at LaGuardia Community College is the largest English language program in New York City. Since 1971, we have served more than 275,000 students from over 80 countries.
Low cost and convenient location
Academic and immigration advisement
For more information:
Heather Barikmo, Associate Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can your institution issue an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for F-1 Student Status, to a student who has been admitted: only to an Intensive English Program?
Does your institution provide courses of English as a Second Language to admitted students?
- If you are an English as a Second Language (ESL) student who has been admitted to a City University of New York (CUNY) college, but needs to spend more time learning English before taking your college courses, the CUNY English Language Immersion Program (CLIP) will help you develop your English language skills and prepare you for study in the college.
- The primary mission of the Academic ESL Program is to provide language instruction and support to students whose first language is not English so that they can succeed in accomplishing their educational goals at LaGuardia Community College. The Program has as its primary aim the teaching of academic writing and integrating into this instruction the other language skills of reading, listening, and speaking.
International Student Housing Options
LaGuardia does not have on-campus housing, so refer to this list for housing options in New York City.
University of Seoul partnership at The English Language Center (TELC):
Every year, TELC welcomes between fifteen and thirty students from the University of Seoul in South Korea for English classes and on-campus language-intensive work opportunities. This successful partnership continues to thrive due to the ability of TELC’s outstanding faculty to meet the academic language needs of university students.
Does your institution issue I-20 for F-1 or M-1 visa status?
Website for Admissions information: http://www.laguardia.edu/Admissions/Home/
Cost of Attendance and Financial Assistance for International Students
LaGuardia Community College does not offer financial aid for International Students
Student Activities and Campus Life
Get involved at LaGuardia
Your social life is a huge part of your college experience. Make the most of your time at LaGuardia by participating in one of our 35+ academic, social, athletic and cultural clubs and organizations. It’s a great opportunity to meet new people, develop as a leader, and grow as a participant of our dynamic campus community that dares to do more every day.