Are you looking for a school in the United States where you can have a personalized, challenging, and fun college experience? Are you hoping for a location that is safe and friendly but still offers a world of new opportunities? Join us here at Daemen!
College is home to many international students from around the globe and we take pride in the role our international students play on our campus. As active leaders, outstanding athletes, and committed students, our international students truly contribute to the character that is Daemen College.
- The student body at Daemen is comprised of approximately 2,039 undergraduate students and 882 graduate students
- The student to faculty ratio is 15:1
- Average class size 15
- The Buffalo International Airport is only 16 km from the Daemen College Campus
- Daemen College is only 34 km from the spectacular natural wonder of Niagara Falls
- Toronto, Canada is 160 km from campus New York City is a short 1 hour flight away and 644 km drive away from Buffalo, NY
- Daemen College student’s have the opportunity to conduct research projects one on one with faculty members on an undergraduate and graduate level.
- 91% of those surveyed and responded from Daemen’s Class of 2009 were employed and or 30 % were attending graduate school.
- Daemen’s Physical Therapy students have a first time pass rate on the National Physical Therapist Examination above both New York State and national averages with a current Three Year Weighted Average Ultimate Pass Rate of 100%
- Faculty members have their research nationally published. Our faculty members come from institutions such as Harvard, Oxford, Berkley, University at Buffalo, and Yale University of Medicine
- Total enrollment: approximately 3,000
- Undergraduate enrollment: 2,06
- Graduate enrollment: 883
- International Student Enrollment: 158
- Male 40%, Female 60%
- Faculty-student ratio: 15:1
- Faculty: Full-Time: approximately 120
- Number of countries represented on campus: approximately 40 counties
- Top five countries represented on campus: Canada, China, Columbia, Saudi Arabia, and South Korea
English as a Second Language Program and Services
Does your institution have an Intensive English Program?
Can your institution issue an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for F-1 Student Status to a student who has been admitted only to the Intensive English Program?
Does your institution provide courses of English as a Second Language to admitted students?
Does your institution conditionally admit students to degree programs if they have not met the English proficiency requirement?
Yes, with the condition that the student will complete ESL courses.
Along with ESL courses, The Learning Center provides academic coaching to ESL students and speakers of various dialects of English. Students receive assistance in the four modes of language: Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking
Coaching sessions typically focus on:
- Writing skills (organization, grammar and expression)
- Course content material (vocabulary and comprehension)
- Conversation practice (fluency and grammar)
- Targeted study skills to address the unique needs of this population
International Student Housing Options
Is on-campus housing available for international students?
Yes, We want our international students to feel right at home. We offer on-campus housing to all students, which include traditional dormitories and apartment-style accommodations. All residence halls have kitchens, laundry facilities, lounges, and in-room phone/internet connections.
- Central University of Finance Economics
- Shaanxi Technical College of Finance & Economics
- Beijing University of Chinese Medicine
First Year, Transfer, and Graduate Students
Please review the Daemen College website to learn about international admissions requirements
Does your institution issue I-20 for F-1 visa status and/or DS-2019 for J-1 visa status?
I-20 for F-1 only
Cost of Attendance and Financial Assistance for International Students
Full-Time: $21,460 per year (Undergraduate)
Per credit charge: $795 per credit (Graduate)
Fees: Approximately $1,150.00 for Health Insurance and approximately $800.00 for books
Is financial aid available for international students?
Financial aid is not available but academic scholarships are offered to international applicants. Both undergraduate and graduate students who complete the entire application process will have an opportunity to receive a scholarship based on academic performance. Scholarships range from $1,000 – $8,000 off tuition during the 2010-2011 academic year.
Student Activities and Campus Life
With over 40 clubs and organizations to choose from, every student is sure to find a way to get involved in something that interests them. There are a variety of activities, from intramural sports, fraternities and sororities, and also clubs which deal with a specific subject matter, like the Accounting Club, the Environmental Club, or the Drama Club, to name a few.
These organizations are a great way to get to know students who have similar interests and to get involved in a subject that you may have an interest in outside of your academic major. You are invite you to visit the student life section of our webpage for a more detailed look at Daemen College’s many clubs and organizations; http://www.daemen.edu/studentlife/StudentActivities/ClubsOrganizations