The 3rd Annual Study New York International Student
“Why I love studying in New York” Photography Contest
Let’s highlight the wonderfully diverse and talented international students studying in New York and their contributions to campus life!
Who is Eligible? Photos may be submitted by any international student studying at a Study New York member school (find website pages of Study New York members at www.studynewyork.us). Students must be currently enrolled in a Study New York member school in the Fall 2017 semester.
Some of last year’s winning entries:
Timing? Photo must be taken between January 1, 2017 and November 1, 2017. Photos must be received by the contest close on November 1, 2017 (11:59 PM EST, October 31, 2017).
What to submit? International students from Study NY member campuses are invited to submit photography or a video that represents what they love about studying in New York. Photos and videos can include your favorite things to do, places to visit, favorite spot on campus, an event, etc.
Three Photo Categories (you must identify which category your photo falls in):
- Cultural: sharing your culture with your campus or experiencing US culture (description required)
- Campus photograph: photograph that captures your college campus academic or social life, or scenic beauty (description required)
- Selfie photograph: photographs of you doing your favorite things on campus (description required)
- Make a 30 second infomercial on why international students should study at your school. Clearly state your name, country and school in your video along with why you love studying in New York. Submissions should be uploaded to YouTube with the link e-mailed to email@example.com. The subject for your heading should follow this required format: “Study New York_ First Name_Campus_Date”
Winners will be notified by email by November 15, 2017.
Prizes of $100 Amazon Gift Cards will be awarded to the winner in each category!
Prizes will be awarded at Study New York’s annual Consular Reception, on November 28 at the Midtown Campus of New York Institute of Technology (16 West 61st St., 11th Floor)
Steps to officially enter:
- Take a photo.
- Include a caption indicating which category, where the photo was taken and why you love it.
- Entrants must be the photographer and have permission from anyone else depicted in the photo to use the photo in this Promotion.
- Photos may not contain any defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful matter or depict anyone engaged in any illegal, immoral or lewd act, any violent or inappropriate content.
- You may enter as often as you like but each entry must be unique and submitted by email separately.
- Sign in at the bottom of this page. (The direct link to this page is “StudyNewYork.us/photocontest”)
- By signing in, you agree to allow your photo to be posted on the Study New York website and Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- By submitting a photo or video, you accept the following rules and conditions and affirm the following statement: “I warrant and represent to Study New York that I own, or have the right to fully exploit, my video submission and all of its content. If my video incorporates any intellectual property of any other person, I represent and warrant that I have obtained permission from such owner. I grant and assign all right, title and interest in the video to Study New York. I grant Study New York the right to use, edit, display, modify and market the video and all of its content in any manner that Study New York deems appropriate. I also grant to Study New York the right to display and use any and all third party intellectual property and/or publicity or privacy rights that are incorporated into the video. I release Study New York, its affiliated members, and agents from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from the submission or publication of the video. I agree to indemnify the Study New York agents from any and all claims, damages, causes of action or injuries that result from, or are related to, Study New York’s publication or use of the video. I have read, acknowledge and agree to all of the contest rules listed on us“
- By uploading a photo/video, entrant warrants that he/she is the sole author and copyright owner of the entry or has the permission (via license or otherwise) to use or incorporate those entry portions authored or owned by third parties;
- The photo/video must not contain brand names or trademarks;
- Photo/videos may not have been entered into any other contest or won any other award;
- The photo/video must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation; and
- The photo/video must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the video is created.
- Photos/videos must contain only original material. Submissions cannot contain copyrighted music or images, unless you have authorization proof to use them. When filming people, participants must ensure the subjects have given their consent.
- Violence, excessive profanity, sexually explicit content, libel and/or attacks on individuals or organizations may not be depicted in any form. Videos should not invade privacy, reveal other people’s personal information or display predatory behavior. Videos must not contain material that promotes intolerance, harassment, intimidation, racism, hatred or harm against any group, individual or organization or promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- The Officers of Study New York, Inc. reserve the right to include or exclude any entry for any reason at any time.
- Email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
You MUST sign in below AND email your photograph to email@example.com to be eligible to participate.
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org